Second Skin Audio: Luxury Liner Pro Sheets
Road noise, especially on the highway, can be enough to distort any car audio system, and in some vehicles can even prevent a normal conversation. Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro is our best automotive sound barrier insulation, designed to be used on top of our vibration dampers to block the transfer of the most difficult airborne sound waves. Keep out road noise and other disruptive noises with a noise barrier from Second Skin Audio.
About Luxury Liner Pro Sheets:
- Luxury Liner Pro is a sheet of fused mass loaded vinyl and closed cell foam
- Raw virgin automotive mass loaded vinyl (MLV) is flexible and won’t smell, perfect for vehicles
- Closed cell foam (CCF) acts as a decoupler to simplify installation and adds automotive heat insulation
- Insulates for both extreme noise and temperature
- Apply with a spray adhesive or strong double-sided tape
- Made in the USA
Luxury Liner Pro Specifications
|24" x 54" (9 Sq Ft)||3/8” thick||1.25 pounds per square foot|
|STC Rating||R-Value Per Inch||Temperature Rating|
Product Usage Tips
- Second Skin's Luxury Liner Pro comes with a permanently fused foam layer, removing this time consuming step from the install process and adding the R-value of closed cell foam.
- We recommend our High Temp Spray Adhesive or Super Strong Double Sided Tape to attach the product to the top of the sound deadener. Apply adhesive to the FOAM SIDE with the foam facing downwards.
- Luxury Liner Pro is heavy and should not be installed to the underside of horizontal surfaces, such as a ceiling.
- Luxury Liner Pro sheet sizes are ideal for small projects around the house, like building a generator quiet box.
- Do not apply next to a heat source. Luxury Liner Pro is temperature rated to 180 F.
- Use in combination with a sound deadening material like Damplifier Pro for unmatched car soundproofing. Luxury Liner Pro is the BEST option to reduce road noise.
- For more car install pro tips, download the Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro Install Guide PDF.
- If you want to just buy mass loaded vinyl, we offer sheets and rolls that come without the closed cell foam. See Luxury Liner Rolls for standard MLV rolls (bulk available), which are commonly used in room soundproofing. To learn more see our guide on how to reduce noise through walls.
Sound Transmission Loss
|Sound Transmission Loss (dB)||20||21||25||28||32|| 42
STC Rating: 28
Thermal Insulation R-Value
|Direction of Heat Flow||R-Value|
R-Value per inch: 4.45 (roughly 50% more than many types of home insulation)